Friday, March 20, 2009

Frugal Friday!


This weeks "Frugal Friday" tip I have know about for awhile, but actually only started using it a few weeks ago, and it has made my shopping trip... not trips anymore, so much easier.

I am a die hard coupon cutter, deal finder, cheap meal planner. So, when one store had milk on sale for $2 a gallon, and another had laundry soap buy one, get two free, I would plan into my errands that week to stop and both stores, mostly only for the sale items.

Now, I actually only go to one store and get the same deals that all the other stores have. It takes a little research in your area, but a lot of stores will match competitors prices if you bring in the ad. Here, Walmart Supercenter will match anyone's prices, however I still like to get my produce from the Farmer's Market or Meijer for a great selection.

I was always a little wary if this actually worked like it sounds, but sure enough, I go in with my 4 different stores grocery ads, and have all the prices I'm matching circled, and they give me the deal.

I would just recommend going down a nice cashiers aisle, and try no to go on Saturday morning when the store is swamped.
For other great "Frugal Friday" tips, visit The Towells website.

No comments:

Post a Comment