Friday, September 10, 2010

Terra Cotta Coasters!

I made up some new coasters today, to prepare for the Halloween decor to come in a few weeks. I've made tons of tile coasters and love them, but when I saw how to make these coasters from Sweet Charli, I just HAD to made some. They are so clever, and I couldn't pass up the idea.

I spray painted 4" terra cotta coasters I got for super cheap at lowes, with black spray paint. Then I cut out circles of fun Halloween paper to fit in the centers. (who am I kidding, I didn't cut them, I used the Silhouette I won from the Idea Room!!!!, I am SO lucky!!) Then I modge podged the circles onto the centers. Once they were completely dry, I sprayed them with sealer, and glued cork circles to the bottoms.

So easy, and SO many options of paint colors and paper.
I see many more of these in my future. :)

5 comments:

  1. oooh I love this idea!!
    so simple & so cute!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how these turned out!! What a fun idea making them for Halloween! The paper you used is so fitting! Thanks for letting me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! I'm not into Halloween myself, but this little idea can be used for so many different holidays and seasons throughout the year! I'm sure all of us can use only so many coasters, but what a fun gift to give that will be a memorable one to the receivers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might do these with the kids' artwork in the middle as Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete