Saturday, October 22, 2011

Outfit Organization!

Here is our solution to helping Molly get ready in the morning and keeping mom sane. :) Molly always wants to pick her own outfit, but most of the time it doesn't work, (like shorts in the cold, etc.). So, instead I help her pick out all of her outfits for the week on Sunday, and she puts them into the drawers for the day she wants to wear them, complete with socks and undies, totally ready to go!

I cut out the days of the week with pink vinyl, and put them on the front of each drawer. Our set is actually 2 sets of 3 drawers stacked on top of each other.

Of course, when I got around to taking a picture, it was already the end of the week, so you only get to see one outfit. :)

This has been working SO good for us. Molly loves to help pick her outfits and have control of what day to wear each one. It also makes her getting ready on her own much easier, and I always know everything is clean and good to go. No more frantically searching for white legging before preschool. :)


4 comments:

  1. That is such a good idea! In the near future I may have to try that! Marlee can get undies, and pants on by herself *when she wants to* but the shirt thing is hard still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through Pinterest. I love this idea! My seven-year-old and I have been battling on a daily basis. I just showed her this post and asked if she wanted to try this and she agreed.

    Right now our biggest challenge is convincing her that her shorts and sandals days are over. I guess the ice on the car every morning isn't convincing enough. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete